A change of tax status from RI to NRI is accepted only by the following mutual fund houses:
- Baroda Pioneer Mutual Fund
- DHFL Pramerica Mutual Fund
- Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund
- HSBC Global Asset Management
- IDFC Mutual Fund
- JP Morgan Asset Management
- Reliance Mutual Fund
- Taurus Mutual Fund
To change your status from RI to NRI for the above fund houses' schemes, all you have to do is:
- Open a NRE or NRO bank account, and
- Send us the following documents:
- Your bank account proof – You can send us a cancelled cheque leaf from your NRE bank account, with your name pre-printed on it. If your name does not appear on the cheque leaf, then please send us your latest bank account statement along with the cancelled cheque leaf.
- The signed KYC Change Form bearing your new address – Besides the other details, please enter your new residency status in this form (Section C, Point 2). please find the attached kyc change form.
- A copy of your passport and an overseas address proof - A bank statement would be sufficient. Alternatively, it could also be a copy of your driving license, latest gas bill, bank passbook with some recent transactions or your utility bills.
- A signed status change request letter - This letter should request for a change in your residency status and bank account details. You can find the attached a template of this letter in this email. Please make sure that, all the documents must be self-attested.